VEGAS BABY!! (Woo ho)
So after being in white land for more than six months, I decided that I need to get out and see the world …that is if it’s not too far or costs me too much money. So I went to two places in the span of one week …you know just to get it over with …and boy am I over it. It all started when Ruhi told her old school friend that I am living in L.A now. The dude calls me up and invites me to go skiing (!)Ok I am from Delhi the only snow I have seen is in my refrigerator. So then he invites me to go to Vegas… ah! Vegas I know everything there is to know about Vegas and that’s only because I watch too much TV and thank god I did. So we drive down to Vegas in the car and the trip isn’t long I mean sure it isn’t if we leave in the morning or afternoon but we left at 3 in the morning, anyway the car there is person A and person B and person B’s sister person C.
So far so good, I actually liked these people and I thought to myself...great I think I am going to enjoy the trip. So we reach LV at 7 in the morning and people who were supposed to open the door of the room were well somehow unable to open the doors (were passed out) so we spend the morning …uhh gambling …not me because I like to see my money where… I can see it. But I still lost 10 dollars to the merciless slot machines I mean what are the odds because I pulled that thing like 50 times and not even once did I win the million dollar prize where is the justice?! Anyhoo, have you ever been so fucking tired out of your mind that you become hysterical …I have...that day …imagine if I would have drank as people were telling me to…yes at 8 freaking 30 in the morning…dude that would have been a sight to see.
So we reach the hotel around noonish by this time I was going 24 hours without sleep and 12 hours without food (keep counting). The room is the exec suite in some hotel and its huge ok with this bigass bed and...well I didn’t really get past that so after 2 hours of not sleeping …really like you could sleep with two other people on the bed and shrilly girls shrilling in the next room...I don’t think so. So after 2 hours of not sleeping I woke (!) up and was mentally kicking myself for coming to the sin city when I noticed the bathroom, there were 2 rooms and a lobby inside the bathroom. Now I don’t know what kind of people usually stay in the exec suite but for us normal people who would be happy with just one room bathroom …the doors usually have locks on them. This one didn’t. And I don’t want to elaborate further.
By the time I finally got food with person B and person C, I was on 27 hours without sleep and 15 hours without food …very good time to get food. The inside the of the hotel was like a mini city …there were restaurants, shopping places, huge fountains, fake skies with rain and everything and of course exec suites. Later I finally got properly introduced to the shrill clan, and we’ll just call them that because I don’t know their names anyway and shrill clan is more descriptive of their personalities which from what I could tell pretty much ended there. So began the ritual of getting ready for going out…just so you know girls are too into their looks …I’ll tell you why …we(they) started getting ready at 6 pm and we left the room at 10 pm okay so there were a few shots of vodka involved but …yea I got nothing.
Anyway finally when we reached Tao, these crazy white people…anything Asian becomes exotic and new anyway so we are in Tao and its actually pretty great …there was some girl on girl action going on at the entrance and then we started drinking…so rest of the stuff’s kinda hazy …I pretty much don’t remember about half n hour of that night I am guessing (hope to god) it wasn’t important. After much dancing we leave and by this time it’s around 35 hours without sleep. After more of nothingness and useless hanging around I wanted to sleep because by this time it was 37 hours, so I along with person A went back to my exec suite (ha-ha) to the hotel and guess what the shrilly clan decided to pass out again after an hour of knocking and going to the reception …the door stayed closed. If it had not been for person A, I would have slept right there on the floor but I guess the floor wasn’t good enough for person A so we started looking for a place to sleep. All the while I am in heels...now it’s a known fact that I love shoes but another fact is that I rarely wear them.
After much looking around and my constant “dude I can sleep in the car” s we found a bed … no not on the street. So after almost 40 hours without sleep I got to sleep for 4 hours…it was the best sleep of my life and I’ll never forget it.
Maybe I’ll go back to Vegas someday when I get over the horror of this trip until then I think I will be very happy to visit Vegas from the safe distance …from my bed to the TV :)
2 comments:
haha:D u did look a little uncomfortable in those pics!
hi! eud u care to send invites to t blog.. or were u waiting for me to get an "aakashvani"! nehow..god damn itsounds impossible for a person as lazy as u to hav undergone this trip! so wen do u plan to go bk ..(p.s. will t person a,b,c and shrill clan be involved again) ?
Post a Comment